Friday, December 12, 2014

The Enchanted Forest


The Daughter and I recently went to the Pink Palace Museum to go through the Enchanted Forest. When I was a child back in the 1960s, this was located in the Goldsmith's department store downtown. A winter wonderland with animatronic woodland creatures and penguins and elves that was a must-see for kids every year.


Eventually, Goldsmith's closed their downtown store, and the exhibit took a hiatus and then was moved out to the Agricenter. It's been at the Pink Palace for over a decade.

Here's a video walk-through from 2010:



It brings back delightful childhood memories to see it again.

4 comments:

  1. Fun! It is just great that the exhibit was kept and now displayed and open to see again.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't it! I'm so glad it wasn't scrapped. :)

      Delete
  2. Firefox wouldn't allow me to play the video. I may have to add a plug in. Not sure what else could go wrong with my computer these days.

    I'm so glad to read the exhibits have now found a permanent home. Seems old department stores have gone the way of the 50s Diners and Drive-in Movie Theaters. Glad this was salvaged. I'll be back when I get Firefox figured out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add a link to the video on the Youtube site. Maybe that would work better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG8wiDMhzSA

      Delete